- Speed still remains the most important choice-criteria to choose Telenet internet and is the most important element of differentiation for internet. Speed is associated with ‘quality’ and ‘superiority’.
• To consolidate and strengthen the Telenet position of being ‘The fastest’, with both clients and non-clients.
• To apply ‘speed’ as key element/argument to generate brand preference and influence it in a positive way.
- To convert ADSL clients to switch to a Telenet Internet.
- To get non-internet users mainly mediors and senior citizens to choose Telenet as their broadband internet provider
- Broadband internet has changed the life of today’s consumer. Movies can be downloaded legally in just one click, batches of pictures can be uploaded to social network websites, presentations can be sent through e-mail. To make turn the product quality of ‘the fastest internet in Belgium’ into a tangible benefit for the consumer, we added ‘also for heavy files’. The full campaign baseline became ‘The fastest internet ever, even for heavy files’.
- “The fastest internet ever, even for heavy files.”
- Telenet is the fastest internet provider available. This makes it more comfortable to surf the web because large files can be downloaded/sent at high speeds.
- Offer: wifi 1€+ free installation
Objectives and target group
- ADSL clients, mainly families with children
- Non-internet users, mainly seniors and mediors
- PQ + pavé
Execution and implementaion
- The product is broadband internet service, which is the fastest in the market
- Speed is the key element/argument to generate brand preference and influence it in a positive way.
Telenet is known as the provider of the fastest internet in the market. We have been claiming speed in a consistent way for several years, and work daily to live up to that promise.
Translating a product quality first to a relevant consumer benefit and then to a compelling metaphor (the heavyweight jockey wining a horse race).